3-9 Mar 2018
Fernán Núñez is a municipality in the province of Córdoba, Spain, in the región ‘Campiña Sur’.
With 9712 inhabitants, its extensión is 29,8 km². The main economic activities are agriculture and construction. The most important plantation in agriculture are wheat, sunflower and olive groves. In addition, part of their farmland is included in the Montilla-Moriles wine appellation of origin.
Link with Córdoba on the A-45 motorway. It is part of the Califato Route and of the Montilla-Moriles wine route. Among its main monuments it is the Church of Santa Marina of Aguas Santas, of Baroque style and the Ducal palace with neoclassical style.
CENTRO DE ENSEÑANZAS GREGUERÍAS SCA
Centro de Enseñanza Greguerías Sociedad Cooperativa Andaluza was founded in 1983 as a cooperative of work associated by a group of socio-teachers in an old building donated by the City Council of Fernán Núñez, its main activity being training and teaching in the local area.
We started the activity imparting Professional Training in the Specialities of Gardening and Nursering. Actually we also have courses of Health emergencies, Health Documentation and Secondary School. We are around 300 students and 25 teachers.
ETNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM ‘LA ESTACÁ’
The permanent Center of Ethnographic Interpretation ‘La Estacá’. It is a municipal building built in this emblematic place where, from now on, the 300 pieces donated by Antonio Ariza, and promoted for Rafael Naranjo, will be exhibited. In two rooms and on the outside of the building are exhibited pieces of farm work and household, kitchen and slaughter of the last hundred years. In particular we can see, the evolution of some farming tools that range from the Roman plow to the most recent, previous to mechanization
Montemayor is a Spanish municipality in the province of Córdoba, Andalusia. Located in the countryside of Cordoba. Its location the highest mountain of the environment gives this town its own name, as well as the nickname of Mirador de la Campiña Its economy is based on the primary sector, being its main productions the cereal, the wine and the oil.
Córdoba , is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. It was a Roman settlement, then colonized by Muslim armies in the eighth century. It became the capital of the Islamic Emirate, and then of the Caliphate of Córdoba, including most of the Iberian Peninsula. Córdoba consisted of hundreds of workshops that created goods such as silk.
Caliph Al Hakam II opened many libraries in addition to the many medical schools and universities which existed at the time, making Córdoba a centre for education. During these centuries it became the center of a society ruled by Muslims, in which all other groups had a second-class status. It was recaptured by Christian forces in 1236, during the Reconquista. The historic centre was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the moment it is the only city in world with four UNESCO World Heritage Site, historic centre, Great Mosque, Patios and Madinat Al Zahra.
Córdoba has the highest summer temperatures in Spain and Europe, with average high temperatures around 37 °C (99 °F) in July and August.
From 784- 786 AD, Abd al-Rahman I built the Mezquita, or Great Mosque, of Córdoba, in the Umayyad style of architecture with variations inspired by indigenous Roman and Christian Visigothic structures. Later caliphs extended the mosque with more domed bays, arches, intricate mosaics and a minaret, making it one of the four wonders of the medieval Islamic world. After the Christian reconquest of Andalucía, a cathedral was built in the heart of the mosque, however much of the original structure remains. It can be found in the Historic Centre of Córdoba, a recognized World Heritage Site
MADINAT AL ZAHRA
On the outskirts of the city lies the archaeological site of the city of Medina Azahara, which, together with the Alhambra in Granada, is one of the main examples of Spanish-Muslim architecture in Spain. It has been named recently a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
ARQUEOLOGICAL AND ETNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM OF CÓRDOBA
The Archaeological Museum of Cordoba, is located in the former Palace of the Páez de Castillejo and in an annex building of new plant. Its funds are a wide variety of pieces that range from Prehistory to the Late Middle Ages. In addition, in the basement archaeological remains the Roman theater of Colonia Patricia Corduba. Therefore, the Museum joins in the same institution and space: archaeological collections, a palace of the sixteenth century, a large archaeological site, a contemporary building of new plant and the history of the institution itself.
Granada is located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains, at the confluence of four rivers, the Darro, the Genil, the Monachil and the Beiro. It sits at an average elevation of 738 m (2,421 ft) above sea level, yet is only one hour by car from the Mediterranean coast, the Costa Tropical. Nearby is the Sierra Nevada Ski Station.
The Alhambra is a Nasrid "palace city". It was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1984. It is certainly Granada's most emblematic monument and one of the most visited in Spain. It consists of a defensive zone, the Alcazaba, together with others of a residential and formal state character, the Nasrid Palaces and, lastly, the palace, gardens and orchards of El Generalife.
The Alhambra occupies a small plateau on the southeastern border of the city in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada above the Assabica valley. Some of the buildings may have existed before the arrival of the Moors. The Alhambra as a whole is completely walled, bordered to the north by the valley of the Darro, to the south by the al-Sabika, and to the east of the Cuesta del Rey Chico, which in turn is separated from the Albayzín and Generalife, located in the Cerro del Sol.
In the 11th century the Castle of the Alhambra was developed as a walled town which became a military stronghold that dominated the whole city. But it was in the 13th century, with the arrival of the first monarch of the Nasrid dynasty, Muhammad I of Granada (Mohammed I, 1238–1273), that the royal residence was established in the Alhambra. This marked the beginning of its heyday. The Alhambra became palace, citadel and fortress, and was the residence of the Nasrid sultans and their senior officials, including servants of the court and elite soldiers (13th–14th centuries).
In 1492 the Catholic Monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabela, expelled the final Moors from the city of Granada. They established permanent residency in the Alhambra, and it was here that Christopher Columbus requested royal endorsement for his westward expedition that year.
In 1527 Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor demolished part of the architectural complex to build the Palace which bears his name. Although the Catholic Monarchs had already altered some rooms of the Alhambra after the conquest of the city in 1492, Charles V wanted to construct a permanent residence befitting an emperor. Around 1537 he ordered the construction of the Peinador de la Reina, or Queen's dressing room, where his wife Isabel lived, over the Tower of Abu l-Hayyay.
There was a pause in the ongoing maintenance of the Alhambra from the 18th century for almost a hundred years, and during the French domination substantial portions of the fortress were blown apart. The repair, restoration and conservation that continues to this day did not begin until the 19th century. The complex currently includes the Museum of the Alhambra, with objects mainly from the site of the monument itself and the Museum of Fine Arts.